The way technology is integrated into everyday operations for business has changed the question from if you need IT consultant services to when you need them. And if you don’t have your own department of technical wizards, the answer is probably yesterday. There’s no magical list with all the questions you need to ask prospective IT service providers. But here are a few suggestions on what to avoid when you do start your search.

1 Every brilliant business owner started somewhere, and customers were generous enough to give that new company a shot. Sound like anyone you know? Hiring a new managed IT service is not the best way to repay the favor. Try the new pizza place down the street to give another entrepreneur a chance and trust your business to an IT service that’s been around for a while.

2 The language of today’s technology is different than everything else business owners speak. A good IT service will help you understand what you need without insulting your intelligence. When it’s time to sign the paperwork cementing your new business relationship, it better be something you can read and understand, too. Don’t ever agree to terms you don’t fully comprehend because of the language, format or presentation of the agreement.

3 Don’t equate the value of IT services with the cost of paying your own IT employee. This is an apples and oranges scenario. One or two employees will not accommodate your business needs like a reputable IT consulting service that has a well-trained staff, equipment resources, and access to industry updates. Don’t settle for a 9 to 5 tech solution when you can get it 24/7.

This is not one of those business decisions where there’s a lot of gray area. You either choose a good managed services provider or not. Even if you choose one that’s okay and can meet 85% of your needs, you’re leaving 15% of your functionality and profitability on the table. Call NDS at 501-791-7900 or contact us on our website. Whether you’re new to IT services in central Arkansas or you just need a new IT service provider, we can help you get every ounce of potential out of your business.