Despite research proving quality business network services produce results like increased efficiency and higher profits, many continue to delay much-needed system upgrades. Often included in these upgrades is the addition or enhancement of backup and disaster recovery – an even higher-stakes gamble.
Many SMBs (small and medium-sized businesses) refrain from exploring their IT options in an effort to prevent a sunk cost. But the attempt to save often ends up becoming a self-defeating effort, as many don’t realize the financial benefits of partnering with a professional, modern business network services company. This is particularly true when it comes to data backup and recovery, which are included in most data network services.
Perhaps you’ve become numb to the horror stories about data loss and its potential effects on businesses. But consider these compelling (and recent) statistics:
- 90 percent of businesses that lose data as a result of a disaster close up shop within two years.
- Companies without a disaster recovery plan have a survival rate of less than 10.2 percent.
- Less than half (44 percent) recover data successfully after losing it.
- 53 percent of businesses never make up losses from a disaster.
A recent survey of SMBs shows the most common culprit of disasters (nearly half the time) is a power outage. Other causes include accidental deletion, employee mistakes, virus/malware, and application failure.
Now that we have illustrated why it’s so important, let’s get to those financial benefits we mentioned:
- Implementing a streamlined IT plan eliminates waste from unnecessary applications, features, etc. With a solid plan, you always know what your IT is doing – and where your money is going.
- IT inevitably will continue to play an integral role in the framework of successful SMBs, making that efficiency more important than ever.
- Modern IT companies like Network Services Group (NSG) make it possible to institute disaster recovery plans that may cost less per user than older technology without disaster recovery support. Implementing such a plan can reduce IT costs by up to 35 percent.
Call NSG at 501-758-6058, or click here for more information.